Festival: 5th Annual Bells of the Cascades Handbell Festival
Join us for this fun and educational event, hosted by Bells of the Cascades! Challenge yourself, learn new skills, and meet musicians from around the region. The festival will include optional individual group rehearsals and massed rehearsals, with a free public concert.
Featuring guest clinician Brian Seemann!
Be sure to invite your friends and family to the free public concert in the evening!
Top image background photo credit: Arno Smit.
About our guest clinician
Outside of handbells Brian is heavily involved in other aspects of performing arts. He spent four summers marching with the Jersey Surf and Boston Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps, and has been on the instructional staff of several high school marching band and color guards.
You are responsible for purchasing and rehearsing music ahead of the festival. Links to purchase this music from Jeffers Handbell Supply are included for your convenience.
- Carillon - H. Dean Wagner - Lv. 3 - HP1846 (Jeffers)
- Compassion - Jason Krug - Lv. 3 - BEHB382 (Jeffers, Beckenhorst)
- Triumphant Spirit - Nicholas Hanson - Lv. 3 - CGB841 (2-3 Octave, Jeffers, Heitz, Choristers Guild, JW Pepper) CGB842 (3-6 Octave, Jeffers, Heitz, Choristers Guild, JW Pepper)
- Moonlight Lullaby - arr. Sierra Tse and Emily Li - Lv. 3 - HNHP350013 (Jeffers)
- Clarion Call - Michael Joy - Lv. 2+ - CGB864 (Jeffers, Heitz, Choristers Guild, JW Pepper)
Optional challenge piece
- Unclouded Day - arr. Brian Seemann - Lv. 4 - This has not yet been published, but should be available soon. We’ll update this listing as soon as we can!
Add your own performance
If your group/ensemble would like to play a solo piece during the final concert, please let us know in the registration form below! List the title of the composition/arrangement, and the composer and arranger of the work. Matthew Compton will coordinate with you on individual rehearsal options offered throughout the day.
8:00–8:50am: Individual group rehearsals, registration
9:00–10:45am: Massed rehearsal
11:00am–12:00pm: Massed rehearsal
12:00–1:30pm: Lunch, individual group rehearsal time offered
1:30–3:00pm: Massed rehearsal
3:00–3 :15pm: Break
3:15–5:00pm: Final rehearsals and run-through
5:00–7:20pm: Dinner and final concert prep, optional group rehearsal time offered, in seats by 7:20
7:30pm: Concert, free and open to the public
Contact Matthew Compton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll be given payment information upon signing up. Registration is $150 per choir or $30 per ringer by Dec. 15, 2021 (early bird) and $200 per choir or $45 per ringer after Dec. 15, 2021.